VBS Camp

Once my parents were going to a conference, so they had us stay at our piano teacher’s house and go to a Vacation Bible School with a nearby church. The songs were amazing and I never forgot some of these, like the peaceful tune of “You have been so good to me.” To this day I still sing it at random times, waving my arms vaguely in the dance motions I learned at the camp. Also “He is the Rock” – that’s such a COOL song. They gave the kids a CD with all the music, but sadly, mine eventually got buried in a pile of old stuff (we have lots of that around the house).

This is now a $902.81 CD…yikes

Then a few days ago, I went digging around the garage looking for some ramen (hehe), and found a bag full of all the CDs and DVDs we had accumulated during the good old days. I found this gem and immediately realized that I hadn’t heard these songs in over 10 years. Youtube has some Polar Expedition songs but very bad quality, and this CD is actually $902.81 on Amazon right now (what?! I know! Absolutely insane!). Since it’s not so easily available, I thought I might share these with you to enjoy. It brought back beautiful memories and made me realize that I should never forfeit that childlike heart. Instead, I should always be just as excited as I was then to know Jesus and be in His kingdom.

I did ask permission from the group that owns the copyright to these songs, and the answer is yes I can share, but only privately and only until April 30, 2021. So enjoy it while it’s up! Afterward, I do have to remove the music but I hope it encourages you. Then again, these songs are licensed for live church use…so maybe after the pandemic they might turn out to be good for Singspiration. Someone come up with fresh dance moves to these, please! 😛

Question: What are your favorite Singspiration songs, maybe from your childhood or from the ones we’ve done so far? Do you have any new song ideas that would be good? I think my favorite was our very undignified dance for the song “Undignified” LOL. (Thank you for coming up with that one, Jean!)

As a side note, I played these songs on our dusty old radio and just danced clumsily around – if anything, at least I got a good workout from these haha.

Also praise God for the glorious conference! He blessed us so powerfully through the messages and testimonies, even through Zoom. Thank God we can still hold a conference even during the pandemic 🙂

Loading Likes...
50 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
8 months ago

Praise God for them letting us hear it at least temporarily. I don’t know if I’d call it singspiration but for me the song that I remember the most from when I went to church even before I was a Christian was Forever Reign by Hillsong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3sNiYpuF4. I was very touched by how the song talked about running into Jesus’ arms with abandon “Oh, I’m running to your arms, I’m running to your arms.” Also how the singer said that “my heart will sing no other name, Jesus, Jesus” It was like this beautiful scene of single hearted devotion. I longed to be in that embrace and it was like Jesus drawing me to himself. That song will probably always be special for me.

8 months ago

Oh man. VBS! Just had a 20 year flashbacks…
Yeah I gotta admit, I sometimes would Google parts of lyrics to try to find vbs songs I can’t remember in their entirety.. they’re so catchy! A good way to pass down spiritual lessons to the next generation.

‘come take my hand, we will travel ovr the land, we are going to pay homage to the king…’
‘moses moses grab your staff, Moses Moses hold it high. Moses Moses you’re gonna walk through where the hmm hmm hmm is dry..’
Anyone can complete these lyrics?? I can’t remember them.

bub4life

Lol I have no idea I was not raised with Christian kids bop lol

The songs I grew up listening to were catholic hymns, don moen songs, old school hymns and 90s worship playlists That my mom learned from being at el shaddai.

8 months ago

Above All is the one that touched my heart when I attended – I think – my first Christmas worship service at our church. That dance and song really blew me away.

remfeng
8 months ago

Was being at shepherds church your first time exposed to Christians songs in Christianity in general? ThAts amazing

Jean
8 months ago

Yes for pop songs, I sang hymns at my old private high school, but I think they were catholic.

remfeng
8 months ago

I see… God was planting the seed in your high school days!!!!!! By the way, your sheep Jared’s testimony was so inspiring. To me it felt like the epitome of Jesus being the Christ. My sheep was also touched by his testimony. I pray that he continues his struggle as he sees that his tears are indeed not in vein , but have led to Gods great glory revealed and will continue to do so

Jean

Praise the Lord!

bub4life
8 months ago

Haha, I want to see you guys dancing!

bub4life
7 months ago

maybe for easter!

How about this one??!

8 months ago

This made me think of CBf and how all the songs they are introduced to now through CBF service are the songs they are going to grow up remembering from their childhood.

Children worship songs have come a long way since then. There are some extremely catchy and modern sounding children songs that are so good. Like KidSpring and Listener Kids.

You should check out looking at my heart by kidspring I was like wow when I added that to cbf service message. They have a lot of cool synths And melodies to their songs which I really really like

8 months ago

Actually some music I used in editing our dramas are songs from a VBS tape I watched when I was about 8 years old. After 15+ years I looked up the CD online and was surprised to find the last copy on Amazon for like $10. When it arrived I was so joyful like the man who found hidden treasure! 🎶🕺🏾🎶

So some songs you hear in our dramas are from my childhood singspiration collection 😊 (behind the scenes secret)

Also I have to admit that sometimes I listen to “Go Fish” 2 links below https://youtu.be/SzMlAFvTOgw

bub4life
8 months ago

😆😆 another is for Lord of the Sabbath during the priest and David scenes (that one just uses the music)

For the storm drama it’s at the end when it goes “who is like you Lord? SING IT! SING IT!…” that line stuck in my head for years ! Like said  the songs we sing in our childhood we remember as we grow up

HIMorales
8 months ago

OH! That fruits of the spirit song reminds me of the one I learned in Kids Church…

“Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-contro-O-oL!”

HIMorales
8 months ago

Michael and I were desperately trying to find the songs you used for the dramas on YouTube. They are so great hahahah. What’s the name of the CD????

HIMorales
8 months ago

Yeessssss! Thank you! Best day ever!!

Psalty, anyone?
I never had seen the videos, just listened to the cassette tape. Watching it now, the big blue book is pretty spooky looking, but the songs are really good for kids..

8 months ago

The song I remember most is “All in All.” I know it’s not very upbeat, but we sang that song every week in Kids Church when I was about 10 years old and I never sang it or heard it after that. BUT THEN when I tried singing the song again a couple years ago I sang the whole song perfectly! That was a really amazing moment because I could freely sing my heart out with this song. It was like the Holy Spirit stored that song in my heart vault.

bub4life
5 months ago

oh man! I remember doing that! moving the overhead slides! hahahaha that was fun!

8 months ago

I also remember getting really crazy as a little kid when we sang “Father Abraham.” It was sooo action packed, really good to get energy out of little kids hahaha

“Stand up, sit down, turn around, nod your head!” Anyone else remember this song?

Inez
8 months ago

Oh yes. I remember this song….and the many injuries that occurred with a sanctuary of 40-50 kids crazily flinging themselves around!

Melissaburdi
7 months ago

hahahaha

8 months ago

Ah!!!! This blog post brings me such wonderful memories. I was a quiet kid….but when it came to worship songs, I danced and sang into another dimension haha. Maybe Jesus thought it was cute. Anyway, one of my most memorable songs is this one:

bub4life
7 months ago

David DEFINITELY danced into another dimension LOL

8 months ago

Also, I have to call out for this one. This one is his fave.

Admin
7 months ago

Man…. I can’t help but to start moving my body as I listen to these songs. Thank you for sharing this very special access to these songs. Perhaps, we can sing (+ dance to) these songs in our worship service, Friday meeting, or online conference. It’ll be really fun.

Admin
  imanuel
1 month ago

Hi Immanuel! This is great stuff.

Admin
  maburdi
1 month ago

We need more great stuff (like your posts maybe…) hehehehe

5 months ago

only a few more days to listen to these!!!